- Length: One to three months.
- Timing: Summer (unless noted). We align the start date to your availability and preference.
- Work experience: None required.
- Minimum age: At least 17 when you apply.
- Combinations: These are possible (e.g. teach and do translation in one summer).
- Minimum Russian proficiency: The better your Russian, the more you get from the experience. Check individual programs for absolute minimums.
This internship is for those curious about translation and those looking for additional experience. Supported by a local professional, you get exposure to both the creative and practical sides of translation.
Research and Journalism
Ever wonder what Russians actually think on a topic? Learn the basics of field research from the Editor-in-Chief of a local newspaper and let him guide your work. Explore Russia at street level on a theme of your choice. At the end, share your findings in a newspaper-style article.
Learn basic teaching techniques from experienced local teachers. Put these skills to work, helping students young and old improve their English. A classic work experience — a good taste of what teaching English abroad after graduation would be like.
Work alongside Russian co-counselors and help bring to life this extra-ordinary summer camp through sports, theater, and the outdoors. An experience that is all about children. A high-energy, team-spirited, and friendly way to meet Russia first hand.
Non-summer work experience
Outside of the summer, we offer position teaching English and translation projects. We are flexible in what we can do, when, and for how long (including less than one month or more than three). Please contact us if you are interested.